Pauvre sentence example
- Besides the works already mentioned, de Gerando left many others, of which we may indicate the following: - Considerations sur diverses methodes d'observation des peoples sauvages (Paris, 1801); Eloge de Dumarsais, - discours qui a remporte le prix propose par la seconde classe de l'Institut National (Paris, 1805); Le Visiteur de pauvre (Paris, 1820); Instituts du droit administratif (4 vols., Paris, 1830); Cours normal des instituteurs primaires ou directions relatives a l'education physique, morale, et intellectuelle dans les ecoles primaires (Paris, 1832); De l'education des sourds-muets (2 vols., Paris, 1832); De la bienfaisance publique (4 vols., 1838).
- He once defined himself as "l'avocat du pauvre," and few things gave him more pleasure than the famous answer of the miller whose windmill stood on ground which was wanted for the king's garden.
- He wrote books which have long held their place, La Petite Comtesse (1857), Dalila (1857), and in particular that universal favourite, Le Roman d'un jeune homme pauvre (1858).
- His father bore the shock of his temporary absence, and the following year Octave ventured to make the same experiment on occasion of the performance of Un Jeune Homme pauvre.
- It is probably in Sibylle and in Julia de Trecceur that he can now be studied to most advantage, though Monsieur de Camors gives a greater sense of power, and though Le Roman d'un jeune homme pauvre still preserves its popularity.Advertisement
- royaume agricole (1758), and the simultaneously published Tableau economique avec son explication, ou extrait des economies royales de Sully (with the celebrated motto, "Pauvres paysans, pauvre royaume; pauvre royaume, pauvre roi"); Dialogue sur le commerce et les travaux des artisans; and other minor pieces.
- He would carry her away and then sa pauvre mere would appear and he would marry her.
- And with a Frenchman's easy and naive frankness the captain told Pierre the story of his ancestors, his childhood, youth, and manhood, and all about his relations and his financial and family affairs, "ma pauvre mere" playing of course an important part in the story.