Pausania sentence example
- TEMPIO PAUSANIA, a town of Sardinia, in the province of Sassari, from which town it is 52 m.
- For the name Pausania see Terranova Pausania.
- TERRANOVA PAUSANIA, a seaport of Sardinia, in the province of Sassari, situated on the E.
- The name Pausania is the consequence of an error; it is a corruption of Fausiana, a town and episcopal see of Sardinia mentioned by Gregory the Great, the site of which is in reality uncertain.
- Elena (8510), really a large village; Oristano (7107); Fluminimaggiore (9647); Lanusei (3250); and the total population of the province is 486,767: while the chief towns of the latter are Sassari (38,053); Alghero (10,741); Ozieri (9555); Nuoro (7051); Tempio Pausania (14,573); Terranova Pausania (4348); Porto Torres (4225); and the total population of the province 309,026.Advertisement