Paul iv sentence example
- He was followed by Paul IV.
- As soon as Ignatius had died Paul IV.
- Taking advantage of this last clause, Laynez applied the new law to two houses only, namely, Rome and Lisbon, the other houses contenting themselves with singing vespers on feast days; and as soon as Paul IV.
- Like the English scholar and statesman, Thomas Wilson, he owed his escape to the riot which broke out on the death of Paul IV.
- On the 23rd of May 1555 Gian Pietro Carafa, the strictest of the strict, was elected as his successor, under the title of Paul IV.Advertisement
- The Venetian ambassador says of Paul IV.
- The Order of St Sylvester was originally founded as the Order of the Golden Spur by Paul IV.
- His personal enemy Caraffa had become pope under the name of Paul IV.
- To injure Spain and heedless of England's need, Paul IV.
- In 1559 the see of Utrecht was by Pope Paul IV.Advertisement
- The prosecution entirely failed, and Morone might have had his liberty, but refused to leave prison unless Paul IV.
- In 1546, after the signature of the treaty of Ardres, he was sent on an embassy to England, in 1550 to Venice, and afterwards to Rome, where he obtained the election of Pope Paul IV.
- Many editions contain also the Institu- tiones composed at the command of Paul IV.
- Sigismondo had left male heirs who made another attempt to regain Rimini in 1555, but Pope Paul IV.