Patrocles sentence example
- Patrocles >>
- PATROCLES (c. 312 -261 B.C.), a Macedonian general and writer on geographical subjects, who lived during the reigns of Seleucus I.
- After the death of Seleucus, Patrocles was sent by his successor Antiochus to put down a revolt in Asia Minor, and lost his life in an engagement with the Bithynians.
- Another general, Patrocles, took up the investigation of the Caspian, already begun by Alexander.
- To Patrocles is due the information that an active commerce in Indian wares was carried on with the shores of the Black Sea, via the Caspian (Strabo Xl.Advertisement
- Tarn, "Patrocles and the Oxo-Caspian Trade Route" in Journal of Hellenic Studies, vol.