Patriae sentence example
- His services to his country are aptly epitomized in the epitaph on his ancient monument at Ringsted church which describes him as "Sclavorum dominator, patriae liberator et pacis conservator."
- He moved that the title of pater patriae should be bestowed upon Augustus, and yet resigned the appointment of praefect of the city after six days' tenure of office, because it was opposed to his ideas of constitutionalism.
- The Liber jurium reipublicae Genuensis was edited by Ricotti in the 7th, 8th and 9th volumes of the Monuments historiae patriae (Turin, 1854-1857).
- He was given two palaces, many privileges, and the title of Liberator et Pater Patriae.
- He modestly declined the title of pater patriae; the memory of Claudius, and that of his own father Domitius were duly honoured.Advertisement