Patesi sentence example
- As in Assyria, so too in the states of Babylonia the patesi or high-priest of the god preceded the king.
- The state had grown up around a sanctuary, the god of which was nominally its ruler, the human patesi being his viceregent.
- His son and successor was Dungi, whose reign lasted more than 51 years, and among whose vassals was Gudea, the patesi or high-priest of Lagash.
- Figure Of Gudea, Patesi Of Lagash.
- The same chronicle informs us that Ilu-shuma, an early Assyrian patesi, was the contemporary of Su-abu, the founder of Dynasty I.Advertisement
- In Babylonia under the last empire (except in the case of Nebuchadrezzar, who calls himself patesi siri, "exalted priest," Q.I.B.