Paterno sentence example
- Troops were collected, but whilst conducting a campaign against the Romans, Otto died at Paterno near Viterbo on the 23rd of January 1002, and was buried in the cathedral at Aix-la-Chapelle.
- The "blue sulphur," described by Orloff, has been investigated by Paterno and Mazzucchelli (Abs.
- It seems probable, however, that the Via Laurentina proper is that which led out of the Porta Ardeatina of the Aurelian wall and went direct to Tor Paterno, while the road branching from the Via Ostiensis at the third mile, and leading past Decimo to Lavinium (Pratica), which crosses the other road at right angles not far from its destination (the Laurentina there running S.W.
- , viii.); of this the site is uncertain, but it is probably to be sought at the modern Tor Paterno, close to the sea-coast and 5 m.
- We hear of an imperial procurator in charge of the elephants at Laurentum; and the imperial villa may perhaps be identified with the extensive ruins at Tor Paterno itself.Advertisement
- The remains of numerous other villas lie along the ancient coast-line (which was half a mile inland of the modern, being now marked by a row of sand-hills, and was followed by the Via Severiana), both north-west and south-east of Tor Paterno: they extended as a fact in an almost unbroken line along the low sandy coast - now entirely deserted and largely occupied by the low scrub which serves as cover for the wild boars of the king of Italy's preserves - from the mouth of the Tiber to Antium, and thence again to Astura; but there are no traces of any buildings previous to the imperial period.
- 2 Rivinus (Augustus Quirinus) paterno nomine Bachmann, Introductio generalis in Rem Herbariam (Lipsiae, 1690).
- "SAN' 'GIULIANO, ANTONINO PATERNO - CASTELLI, Marquis Di (1852-1914), Italian statesman, was born at Catania in 1852, a member of a very ancient and noble Sicilian family.
- Paterno and Nasini, however, detected dissociation.
- Paterno >>Advertisement
- since Roman times, while the effect of the sediment it brings down is seen on the north-west almost as far as Palo (anc. Alsium), and on the south-east beyond Tor Paterno (see Laurentina Via) in the gradual advance of the coast.