Patarenes sentence example
- The Cathars and Patarenes, the Waldenses, the Anabaptists, and in Russia the Strigolniki, Molokani and Dukhobortsi, have all at different times been either identified with the Bogomils or closely connected with them.
- Large numbers took refuge in Bosnia, where they were known under the name of Patarenes (q.v.) or Patareni.
- Patarenes >>
- His eloquence gained him a hearing and a numerous following, including many laymen, but consisting principally of poor ecclesiastics, who formed around him a party characterized by a rigid morality and not unlike the Lombard Patarenes of the 11th century.
- Meanwhile, Peter Damian and Bishop Anselm of Lucca had been sent by Pope Nicholas to Milan to adjust the difference between the Patarenes and the archbishop and clergy.Advertisement
- In the East they were called Bogomils and Paulicians; in the West, Patarenes, Tixerands (i.e.