Patapsco sentence example
- Its strength was increased by the addition: in 1863 of the small Independent Presbyterian Church of South Carolina; in 1865 of the United Synod (New School), which at that time had 120 ministers, 190 churches, and 12,000 communicants; in 1867 of the presbytery of Patapsco; in 1869 of the synod of Kentucky; and in 1874 of the synod of Missouri.
- The principal rivers crossing this section are the Patuxent, Patapsco and Gunpowder, with which may be grouped the Potomac, forming the state's southern boundary.
- It is at the head of tide-water on the Patapsco river and its middle and north-west branches where they form an estuary 12 m.
- corner of the main business quarter, and there meets the north-west branch of the Patapsco, in which lies the harbour, defended at its entrance by the historic Fort McHenry, built at the S.E.
- side of the Patapsco and lay it out in sixty equal lots as the town of Baltimore.Advertisement
- He was executive officer in the "Patapsco" when she was blown up in Charleston Harbor in January 1865.