Pastillage sentence example
- Not that liquid food coloring is bad, but because it is mostly liquid it can make your frosting or pastillage too soft or hard to work with.
- Pastillage is what bakers use to create anything that you see on a cake that is edible but not actually cake.
- If you see a cake with flowers, bees, birds, or what have you stuck all over it creating a beautiful pastoral spring scene, that extra stuff is molded out of pastillage.
- To make your own pastillage, you will need a stand mixer.
- Yes, it is entirely possible to mix up a batch of pastillage without a stand mixer, but you will get quite a workout.Advertisement
- Immediately remove the pastillage from the mixing bowl and wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Keep in mind that pastillage becomes stiff very quickly.
- Remove as much pastillage from the plastic wrap as you will use for one decoration and add powdered food coloring to achieve the shade you are looking for.
- Mold the pastillage into whatever shape you want.
- Pastillage can be used to make flowers by forming it into petals and then putting the petals together to form the flower.Advertisement
- Marzipan, gum paste, candy clay, and pastillage can all be used to create edible embellishments on your wedding cake.