Passione sentence example
- To the first category belong the Commentarius in harmoniam historiae evangelicae de passione Christi (1617), the Comment, super priorem D.
- Jerome speaks of Lactantius as a poet, and several poems have been attributed to him: - De Ave Phoenice (which Harnack thinks makes use of Clement), De Passione Domini and De Resurrectione (Domini) or De Pascha ad Felicem Episcopum.
- PASSION WEEK, the fifth week in Lent, beginning with Passion Sunday (dominica passionis or de passione domini), so called from very early times because with it begins the more special commemoration of Christ's passion.
- nobis sua sanctissima passione ligno crucis justificationem meruit et pro nobis deo patri satisfecit," " Christ earned our justification by His most holy passion and satisfied God the Father for us."
- A third work, usually ascribed to Mannyng, chiefly on the ground of its existing side by side with the Handlyng Synne in the Harleian and Bodleian MSS., is the Medytacyuns of the Soper of oure lorde Jhesu, And also of hys passyun And eke of the peynes of hys swete modyr, Hayden marye, a free translation of St Bonaventura's De coena et passione Domini....Advertisement
- 24), Ca dmon sang " de creatione mundi et origine humani generis, et tota Genesis historia, de egressu Israel ex Aegypto et ingressu in terram repromissionis, de aliis plurimis sacrae Scripturae historiis, de incarnatione Dominica, passione, resurrectione et ascensione in coelum, de Spiritus Sancti adventu, et apostolorum doctrina."
- He translated the Alcestis of Euripides and three of the plays of Sophocles; and wrote two original tragedies, Jephte and Christo in Passione.
- In 1542 a tract, written by him and entitled Della Pienezza, suficienza, et satisfazione della passione di Christo, or Libellus de morte Christi, was made by the Inquisition the basis of a charge of heresy, from which, however, he successfully defended himself.