Passage-way sentence example
- Their use secures a continuous passage-way through the train, but is attended with some discomfort and risk when the train is in motion.
- The arched passage-way is very symmetrical, varying in height from 19 to 35 ft., and famous for its musical reverberations - not a distinct echo, but an harmonious prolongation of sound for from 10 to 30 seconds after the original tone is produced.
- Near by were so-called "bear-wallows," which proved to be the remains of an aboriginal workshop, where masses of flint were broken into rectangular blocks; and spalls and flint-chips encumber the floor and choke the passage-way.
- The entrance is through a large sink-hole at the top of Roark Mountain, from which there is a passage-way to an open chamber.
- Sessions of Chicago in November 1887, covered a housing in combination with a vertical metallic plate frame of the general contour of the central passage-way, which projected slightly beyond the line of the couplings and was held out by horizontal springs top and bottom, being connected with the platform housing by flexible connexions at the top and sides and by sliding plates below.Advertisement