Paschen sentence example
- Paschen 6 has further extended the method and added a number of infra-red lines to the spectra of helium, argon, oxygen and other elements.
- According to independent experiments by Paschen the radiation of the D line sent out by the sodium flame of sufficient density is nearly equal to that of a black body at 'the same temperature.
- Paschen " Haupt serie," " ist Nebenserie," " 2nd Nebenserie," which is commonly translated " Principal series," "First subordinate series," " Second subordinate series."
- The spectrum of helium has been very carefully studied by Runge and Paschen.
- The subject, however, required further experimental investigation, which was supplied by Paschen.Advertisement
- Paschen proved that the emission spectra of water vapour as observed in an oxyhydrogen flame, and of carbon dioxide as observed in a hydrocarbon flame may be obtained by heating aqueous vapour and carbon dioxide respectively to a few hundred degrees above the freezing point.
- The spectra experimented on by Paschen were band spectra, but as these split up into fine lines the possibility of homogeneous radiation in pure thermal oscillation may be considered as established.
- Paschen in 1896 identified an unmistakable oxygen triplet in the infra-red, which is shown terrestrially only in the vacuum tube, where the spectrum is very different from that of atmospheric absorptions.