Pascendi sentence example
- The encyclical Pascendi Dominici Gregis (Sept.
- Simples Reflexions sur le decret Lamentabili et sur l'encyclique Pascendi, 12m0, 277 pages, was published from Ceffonds a few days after the commentary.
- The encyclical Pascendi of t ?
- F.), while the whole movement was condemned in bitter and scathing language by Pius X.'s encyclical (Pascendi gregis) against the Modernists.
- In July 1907 the Holy Office published its decree condemning certain modernist propositions, and in September the pope issued his encyclical Pascendi Gregis.Advertisement
- of the constitution the full sense of its text f Liberty of conscience, a principle condemned by the Syllabus of 1864 and sneered at in the encyclical Pascendi gregis of 1905, was hardly a phrase calculated to conciliate the Spanish clergy, still less the Vatican.
- the bull Apostolicum pascendi munus, 7th of January 1765) were unheeded (see Jesuits).
- Above all it was this spirit that breathed through every line of the famous encyclical, Pascendi gregis, directed against the " Modernists " (see Roman Catholic Church: History), which denounced with bitter scorn and irony those so-called Catholics who dared to attempt to reconcile the doctrine of the Church with the results of modern science, and who, presumptuously disregarding the authority of the Holy See, maintained " the absurd doctrine that would make of the laity the factor of progress in the Church."
- As opposed to the critical and analytical tendencies of the modern world, then, the Roman Catholic Church assumes the function of the champion of moral and intellectual discipline, an attitude defined, in its extremest expression, by Pius IX.'s Syllabus of 1864 (see Syllabus), and the famous encyclical Pascendi of Pius X.