Partidos sentence example
- These intendencias included about 6 of the old corregimientos, which were called partidos, under officers named subdelegados.
- The republic adopted the same system, calling the intendencias departments, under a prefect, and the partidos provinces, under a sub-prefect.
- There are five judicial districts (partidos judiciales), named after their chief towns - Inca, Iviza, Manacor, Palma and Port Mahon.
- The states are generally subdivided into distritos (districts) or partidos, and these into municipios (municipalities) which correspond to the townships of the American system.
- The state of Nuevo Leon, however, is divided into municipios only, while some other states use entirely different titles for the divisions, the larger being described as departamentos, cantons and municipios, and the smaller as partidos, directorial and vecindarios rurales.Advertisement
- The territory of Lower California is divided into two large districts, northern and southern, and the latter into partidos and municipios-the larger divisions practically forming two distinct territories.
- The larger political divisions of the state (partidos, distritos, &c.) are governed by a jefe politico, or prefect, and the smaller by a municipal council called an ayuntamiento.
- For purposes of local administration the republic is divided into 23 counties (partidos), which are subdivided into communes.