Participial sentence example
- As in Bantu, the verb presents a multiplicity of forms, including one present, three past and future tenses, with personal endings complete, passive, interrogative, conditional, elective, negative and other forms, each with its proper participial inflexions.
- participial phrase, " I am sending.
- participial construction.
- According to Hahn it is a participial from shkyipoij, " I understand," signifying "he who knows" the native language; others interpret it with less probability as "the rock-dweller," from shkep, shkip, N.
- For we know that in Arabic the Kahin, or soothsayer, is the same participial form that we meet with in the Hebrew Kohen, or priest, and in the early period of Hebrew history (e.g.Advertisement
- The Syriac noun has three states - the absolute (used chiefly in adjectival or participial predicates, but also with numerals and negatives, in adverbial phrases, &c.), the construct (which, as in Hebrew, must be immediately followed by a genitive), and the emphatic (see above).