Parsonstown sentence example
- A branch line runs northward to Birr or Parsonstown.
- BIRR, or Parsonstown, a market-town of King's county, Ireland, on an acclivity rising above the Birr, and on a branch of the Great Southern & Western railway by which it is 87 m.
- aperture at his seat, Birr Castle, Parsonstown; and in February 1845 his celebrated 6-foot reflector was finished.
- Educated at Trinity College, Dublin, he was appointed in 1865 assistant to the Earl of Rosse's observatory at Parsonstown, and whilst there he discovered four spiral nebulae.
- The third earl of Rosse mounted, at Parsonstown.Advertisement