Parret sentence example
- It is pleasantly situated in a wooded hollow, in the upper valley of the river Parret.
- The Anglo-Saxon name of the Parret, a river in Somerset, is Pedreda or Pedrida, which at first sight looks as if it had to do with the proper name, Petrus; but Skeat believes there is no connexion between them - the latter portion of the word being rio, a stream.
- BRIDGWATER, a market town, port and municipal borough in the Bridgwater parliamentary division of Somerset, England, on the river Parret, 10 m.
- It lies on the right (east) bank of the river Parret, near the point where that river debouches from the hills on to the plain through which it flows to the Bristol Channel.
- After the king's defeat 843-844, the Somerset and Dorset levies won a victory at the mouth of the Parret, c. 850.Advertisement