Parque sentence example
- Elsewhere in the Peninsula during this year, Blake, now in Catalonia, after routing Suchet at Alcaniz (May 23, 1809), was defeated by him at Maria (June 15) and at Belchite (June 18); Venegas, by King Joseph and Sebastiani, at Almonacid on the 11th of August; Del Parque (20,000), after a previous victory near Salamanca (Oct.
- Wellington had further organized the Spanish forces - Castanos (40,000), with the guerrilla bands of Mina, Longa and others, was in Galicia, the Asturias and northern Spain; Copons (io,000) in Catalonia; Elio (20,000) in Murcia; Del Parque (12,000) in the Sierra Morena, and O'Donell (15,000) in Andalusia.
- There are several public squares and gardens, the more important being the Praca Harmonia, the Pra9a d'Alfandega, Pra9a da Independencia and the Parque, where an exposition was held in 1901.
- Beginning at the Punta fortress - where a park was laid out in 1899 in the place of an ugly quarter, with a memorial to the students judicially murdered by the Spanish volunteers in 1871 - and running along the line of the former city walls, past the Parque Central, through the Parque de Isabel II.
- and the Parque de la India (these two names are now practically abandoned) to the Parque de Colon or Campo de Marte, is the Prado, 1 a wide and handsome promenade and drive, shaded with laurels and lined with fine houses and clubs.Advertisement
- In 1907 a hurricane destroyed the greater part of the laurels of the Prado and the royal palms of the Parque de Colon.
- From the Parque de Colon the Calle (or Calzada) de la Reina - an ordinary business street, once a promenade and known as the Alameda de Isabel I I.
- There are seven plazas, or squares, within the urban limits: Zabala or Rincon, Constitucion or Matriz, Independencia, Libertad or Cagancha, Treinte y Tres, Flores and Frutos; and two suburban parks or public gardens: the Paseo del Prado and Parque Urbano.
- The Parque Urbano, at the Playa Ramirez bathing resort, is a modern creation.
- It is a major commercial and historical center with the central square, Parque Santa Catalina, acting as one giant outdoor cafe!Advertisement
- From here it is possible to explore the nature trails of the Parque Nacional del Granma around the fishing hamlet of Cabo Cruz.