Parque sentence example
- Wellington had further organized the Spanish forces - Castanos (40,000), with the guerrilla bands of Mina, Longa and others, was in Galicia, the Asturias and northern Spain; Copons (io,000) in Catalonia; Elio (20,000) in Murcia; Del Parque (12,000) in the Sierra Morena, and O'Donell (15,000) in Andalusia.
- There are several public squares and gardens, the more important being the Praca Harmonia, the Pra9a d'Alfandega, Pra9a da Independencia and the Parque, where an exposition was held in 1901.
- Beginning at the Punta fortress - where a park was laid out in 1899 in the place of an ugly quarter, with a memorial to the students judicially murdered by the Spanish volunteers in 1871 - and running along the line of the former city walls, past the Parque Central, through the Parque de Isabel II.
- In 1907 a hurricane destroyed the greater part of the laurels of the Prado and the royal palms of the Parque de Colon.
- From the Parque de Colon the Calle (or Calzada) de la Reina - an ordinary business street, once a promenade and known as the Alameda de Isabel I I.Advertisement
- The Parque Urbano, at the Playa Ramirez bathing resort, is a modern creation.
- It is a major commercial and historical center with the central square, Parque Santa Catalina, acting as one giant outdoor cafe!
- From here it is possible to explore the nature trails of the Parque Nacional del Granma around the fishing hamlet of Cabo Cruz.