Paronomasiae sentence example
- (c) Paronomasiae which are lost in the Greek can be restored by retranslation into Hebrew.
- (5) Many paronomasiae discover themselves on retranslation into Hebrew.
- The language was in all probability Semitic-Hebrew or Aramaic. The paronomasiae in the Greek in verses 54-55 (inrb cX%vov ...
- 324), the same paronomasiae are possible either in Hebrew or Aramaic.
- A further ground for inferring a Hebrew original is to be found in the fact that paronomasiae not infrequently discover themselves in the course of retranslation into Hebrew.Advertisement