Parlia sentence example
- In Marcy 1640, though still a minor, he was elected for Tewkesbury, and sat in the parlia ment which met on the 13th of April, but appears to have taken no active part in its proceedings.
- The result was parlia mentary chaos, baptized Irasformismo.
- He was charged with having encroached to himself royal powers by treating matters of peace and war without the knowledge of the council, with having promoted the raising of a standing army on pretence of a war with France, with having obstructed the assembling of parlia ' Memoirs of Great Britain and Ireland, by Sir J.
- Queen Mary, unshaken in her attachment to the ancient faith and the papal monarchy, was able with the sanction of a subservient parlia ment to turn back the wheels of ecclesiastical legis lation, to restore the old religion, and to reunite the 1558.
- where French had gained least footing, where parlia ment and court were remote, where intercourse with France was.Advertisement
- popular demand was now that Naples should assist the Lombards in their revolt against Austria, for a feeling of Italian solidarity The was growing up. The ministry of Carlo Troya succonstituceeded to that of Serracapriola, and after the parlia tion of mentary elections, in which many extreme Radicals 1848.
- WEDNESBURY, a market town and municipal and parlia - mentary borough of Staffordshire, England, in the Black Country, 121 m.
- What parlia III.
- But the French government underrated the strength of Great Britain, imagining that all Englishmen who desired parlia mentary reform desired revolution, and that a few democratic societies represented the nation.
- The Scottish Presbyterians who defended Londonderry were treated little better than the Irish Catholics who besieged it - the sacramental test of 1704 being the work of the English council rather than of the Irish parlia ment.Advertisement
- "Roundhead" appears to have been first used as a term of derision towards the end of 1641 when the debates in parlia ment on the Bishops Exclusion Bill were causing riots at Westminster.