Parium sentence example
- The high court is not a curia regis, but a curia baronum, in which the theory of judicium parium is fully realized.
- 358, 376; Plutarch, Amatoriae narrationes, 2; Marmor parium, ep. 30; Pollux ix.
- 104; Strabo, 487) and Parium on the Hellespont.
- That right is expressed in the Great Charter in the words: "Nullus liber homo capiatur vel imprisonetur aut dissaisietur aut utlagetur, aut exuletur aut aliquo modo destruatur nec super eum ibimus nec super eum mittemus, nisi per legale judicium parium suorum, vel per legem terrae."
- But the whole sea-coast was studded with Greek towns, several of which were places of considerable importance; thus the northern portion included Parium, Lampsacus and Abydos, and the southern Assus, Adramyttium, and farther south, on the Elaitic Gulf, Elaea, Myrina and Cyme.Advertisement
- pp. 383, 384) and of a statue of Alexander, said by Athenagoras (Apology, c. 26) to have stood in the forum of Parium.