Parham sentence example
- Whitelocke married (I) Rebecca, daughter of Thomas Bennet, (2) Frances, daughter of Lord Willoughby of Parham, and (3) Mary Carleton, widow of Rowland Wilson, and left children by each of his wives.
- The three chief towns are St John, Falmouth and Parham.
- Although both Falmouth and Parham have good harbours, most of the produce of the island finds its way to St John for shipment.
- The Indian village of Paramaribo became the site of a French settlement probably in 1640, and in 1650 it was made the capital of the colony by Lord Willoughby of Parham.
- Lord Willoughby of Parham was a prominent Parliamentary leader, and the Isle of Axholme and the Puritan yeomanry of Holland declared for the parliament.Advertisement