Paraguayensis sentence example
- Large tracts of Ilex paraguayensis, from which mate, or Paraguay-tea, is gathered, are found in this same region.
- The dried leaves and smaller twigs of mate (Paraguayan tea-hlex paraguayensis) are exported to the southern Spanish American republics, where (as in Rio Grande do Sul) the beverage is exceedingly popular.
- Yerba mate, classified as Ilex paraguayensis, is a shrub.
- during the five years 1901-1905 were as follows: - The principal imports comprise live animals, fish, coffee, mate (Ilex paraguayensis), tea, sugar, wood and its manufactures, structural iron and steel, hardware and machinery, railway and telegraph supplies, lime and cement, glass and earthenware, cotton, woollen and silk manufactures, coal,fpetroleum, paints, &c. Import duties are imposed at the rates of 60, 35, 1 5, 5 and 25%, and certain classes of merchandise are admitted free.
- A prominent industry is the gathering and preparation of mate or Paraguayan tea (Ilex paraguayensis), which is an article of export.Advertisement