Paraenetic sentence example
- On the literary side also the chapters are distinguished by the paraenetic setting in which the laws are embedded and by the use of a special terminology, many of the words and phrases occurring rarely, if ever, in P (for a list of characteristic phrases cf.
- The evidence rather shows that they were first collected by an editor before they were incorporated in P. Thus there is a marked difference in style between the laws themselves and the paraenetic setting in which they are embedded; and it is not unnatural to conjecture that this setting is the work of the first editor.
- f., include both the paraenetic setting and the laws; and lastly, (6) a comparison of Lev.
- 19-23) embedded in a paraenetic setting (vv.
- Like chap. xviii., the main body of laws is provided with a paraenetic setting, vv.Advertisement
- The paraenetic setting (vv.
- 26-30, with a paraenetic conclusion, vv.