Parabranchia sentence example
- pbr, Parabranchia (= the osphradium or olfactory patch).
- Spengel showed that the parabranchia of Gastropods is the typical olfactory organ or osphradium in a highly developed condition.
- The minute structure of the epithelium which clothes it, as well as the origin of the nerve which is distributed to the parabranchia, proves it to be the same organ which is found universally in molluscs at the base of each gill-plume, and tests the indrawn current of water by the sense of ?,g smell.
- ganglia, rather than cord-like nerve- br', Parabranchia (= the tracts containing both nerve-cells or comb-like osphra ganglionic elements and nerve-fibres.
- Next beyond (to the left of) the gill-plume we find the so-called parabranchia, which is here simple, but sometimes lamellated as in Purpura (fig.Advertisement