Papyrifera sentence example
- A small quantity of paper is made from a plant described as the Daphne papyrifera.
- The wauke plant (Broussonetia papyrifera), and to a less extent the mamake (Pipturus albidus) and Boehmeria stipularis, furnished the bark out of which the famous kapa cloth was made, while the olopa (Cheirodendron gaudichaudii) and the koolea (Myrsine lessertiana) furnished the dyes with which it was coloured.
- papyrifera of many botanists), the discrepancies in geography, ethnology and zoology, which have been so troublesome in the past, will disappear; other features, usually considered obscure, will become luminous; and the older and less distorted sagas, at least in their main incidents, will become vivid records of actual geographic exploration."
- Korea produces all cereals and root crops except the tropical, along with cotton, tobacco, a species of the Rhea plant used for making grass-cloth, and the Brousonettia papyrifera.
- papyrifera (Plosslea floribunda, Endl.) of Abyssinia, which, though both thuriferous, are not known to yield any of the olibanum of commerce; and (B) B.Advertisement
- They contain the poplar or aspen (Populus tremuloides), balsam poplar (Populus balsamifera), and paper or canoe birch (Betula papyrifera).
- A. papyrifera (Chinese Ricepaper Plant), though a native of the hot island of Formosa, is useful for the greenhouse in winter and the flower garden in summer.
- Among the greater, or tree, Birches after our own (including its varieties or allies, verrucosa and pubescens) are the Canoe Birch (B. papyrifera) or Paper Birch, a forest tree of N.