Papyrifera sentence example
- A small quantity of paper is made from a plant described as the Daphne papyrifera.
- The wauke plant (Broussonetia papyrifera), and to a less extent the mamake (Pipturus albidus) and Boehmeria stipularis, furnished the bark out of which the famous kapa cloth was made, while the olopa (Cheirodendron gaudichaudii) and the koolea (Myrsine lessertiana) furnished the dyes with which it was coloured.
- Korea produces all cereals and root crops except the tropical, along with cotton, tobacco, a species of the Rhea plant used for making grass-cloth, and the Brousonettia papyrifera.
- They contain the poplar or aspen (Populus tremuloides), balsam poplar (Populus balsamifera), and paper or canoe birch (Betula papyrifera).
- A. papyrifera (Chinese Ricepaper Plant), though a native of the hot island of Formosa, is useful for the greenhouse in winter and the flower garden in summer.Advertisement