Papirius sentence example
- Papirius Carbo and the younger Marius, had massacred Sulla's supporters wholesale, confiscated his property, and declared him a public enemy.
- In the first civil war, Papirius Carbo took up his position here, and two battles occurred in the neighbourhood.
- It was the scene of the defeat of C. Papirius Carbo and C. Norbanus by Q.
- At the age of nineteen (or twenty-one) he made his reputation by a speech against C. Papirius Carbo, the friend of the Gracchi.
- CIMBRI, a Teutonic tribe who made their first appearance in Roman history in the year 113 B.C., when they defeated the consul Gnaeus Papirius Carbo near Noreia in the modern Carinthia.Advertisement
- His contemporary Papirius Fabianus was the popular lecturer of that day, producing a powerful effect by his denunciations of the manners of the time.
- Papirius Cursor in 272, in early times wrongly identified with the altar in the circus.
- - Agobard's works were lost until 1605, when a manuscript was discovered in Lyons and published by Papirius Masson, again by Baluze in 1666.
- LUCIUS PAPIRIUS CURSOR, Roman general, five times consul and twice dictator.