Paphlagonian sentence example
- Wonder-workers like Alexander the Paphlagonian exhibit the grosser side of the longing for spiritual communion.
- by Pontus, it included the greater part of the modern vilayet of Angora, stretching from Pessinus eastwards to Tavium and from the Paphlagonian hills N.
- The most considerable towns of the interior were Gangra, in ancient times the capital of the Paphlagonian kings, afterwards called Germanicopolis, situated near the frontier of Galatia, and Pompeiopolis, in the valley of the Amnias (a tributary of the Halys), near which were extensive mines of the mineral called by Strabo sandarake (red arsenic), which was largely exported from Sinope.
- Alexander the Paphlagonian >>
- After the allusions in his own writings the chief contemporary authority for the life of Photius is his bitter enemy, Nicetas the Paphlagonian, the biographer of his rival Ignatius.Advertisement
- the Paphlagonian (1034-1041), who, after the brief reign of Michael V.
- and Michael the Paphlagonian he endeavoured to prove that the Christian Messiah reappeared in the person of Hamza.
- ALEXANDER THE PAPHLAGONIAN, a celebrated impostor and worker of false oracles, was born at Abonouteichos (see Ineboli) in Paphiagonia in the early part of the 2nd century A.D.