Pankas sentence example
- Among the Hindu inhabitants of the district, the Chamars and Pankas deserve particular notice.
- The Pankas, who form about a sixth of the population, are all Kabirpanthis, or followers of Kabir, a religious reformer of the 15th century.
- There is no great difference between the Kabir Pankas and the Satnamis.
- The Pankas worship the Supreme Being under the name of Kabir, and the Chamars under the name of Satnam; while each community has a high priest to whom reverence is paid.
- At present the majority of the Pankas are cultivators, though formerly all were weavers.Advertisement