Panis sentence example
- Wilpert discovered in the Cappella Greca a painting of the " Fractio Panis " or eucharistic feast, which he cleansed from the dust with which it had been covered.
- The syrinx was in use during the middle ages, and was known in France as frestel or fretiau, in medieval Latin as fistula panis, and in Germany as PansflÃ¶te or Hirtenpfeife (now PapagenoflÃ¶te).
- The Fractio Panis probably began, as the drinking of the cup certainly ended, the supper; the interval being occupied with the common consumption by the faithful of the provisions they brought.
- The Lord's Prayer is then repeated by the postulant after the elder, who explains it clause by clause; the words panis superstantialis being interpreted not of the material but of the spiritual bread, which consists of the Words of Life.
- There is a real change in the elements - we allow ut panis iam consecratus non sit panis quem natura formavit; sed, quem benedictio consecravit, et consecrando etiam immutavit" (Responsio, p. 263).Advertisement
- The syrinx was in use during the middle ages, and was known in France as frestel or fretiau, in medieval Latin as fistula panis, and in Germany as PansflÃƒ¶te or Hirtenpfeife (now PapagenoflÃƒ¶te).