Panegyricus sentence example
- The principal works of Gregory Thaumaturgus are the Panegyricus in Origenem (Eis 't ptybniv iravrnvpucos Xbyos), which he wrote when on the point of leaving the school of that great master (it contains a valuable minute description of Origen's mode of instruction), a Metaphrasis in Ecclesiasten, characterized by Jerome as " short but useful "; and an Epistola canonica, which treats of the discipline to be undergone by those Christians who under pressure of persecution had relapsed into paganism, but desired to be restored to the privileges of the Church.
- the Panegyricus Trajano dictus.
- Rendall); of vi., Duff (1906); of the Panegyricus, C. G.
- 20; compare also Pliny, Epistolae and Panegyricus; Tillemont, Histoire des empereurs remains, ii.; C. Merivale, History of the Romans under the Empire, ch.
- The most famous are the Olympiacus of Gorgias, the Olympiacus of Lysias, and the Panegyricus and Panathenaicus (neither of them, however, actually delivered) of Isocrates.Advertisement
- Isocrates spent ten years on the Panegyricus.
- (1851), pp. 66 seq.) the most important sources are: Gregory Thaumat., Panegyricus in Orig.; Eusebius, H.E.
- The most celebrated example of a Latin panegyric (panegyricus) is that delivered by the younger Pliny (A.D.