Pandya sentence example
- He also defeated in turn the Chola, Pandya and Kerala kings, and by 630 was beyond dispute the most powerful sovereign in the Deccan.
- According to ancient tradition the kingdoms of the south were three - Pandya, Chola and Chera.
- Pandya occupied the The extremity of the peninsula, south of Pudukottai, Kingdoms Chola extended northwards to Nellore, and Chera of the lay to the west, including Malabar, and is identified South.
- The most ancient mention of the name Pandya occurs in the 4th century B.C., and in Asoka's time the kingdom was inde 1 His era, however, is dated from 606.
- During the early centuries of the Christian era the Pandya and Chera pTandya kingdoms traded with Rome.Advertisement
- The Chola kingdom, like the Pandya, is mentioned by the Sanskrit grammarian Katyayana in the 4th century B.C., and was recognized by Asoka as independent.