Palpalis sentence example
- palpalis but appears to be identical with the sub-species G.
- palpalis wellmani.
- palpalis exhibits an especial fondness for water and haunts more or less dense cover at the water's edge, recent observations in German East Africa show that G.
- palpalis, although in South Africa there can be no question that the extermination of big game has been followed or accompanied by the disappearance of tsetse from many localities in which they formerly abounded.
- palpalis, of Equatorial Africa, whose bite transmits the human parasite (T.Advertisement
- Soc. (1907), 79 B, p. 35 .; (41b) idem (with Gray and Tulloch), " Glossina palpalis in relation to Trypanosoma gambiense," &c., op. cit.
- The names of the recognized species of tsetse-flies are as follows: Glossina palpalis (see fig.); G.
- palpalis, the disseminator of sleeping sickness (see fig.), is about 92 millimetres in length and is the darkest of all the tsetse-flies, though the dark brown abdomen has pale lateral triangular markings and usually at least an indication of a pale longitudinal median stripe.
- palpalis can convey kindred parasites which are fatal to domestic animals.Advertisement