Palmatum sentence example
- Aconitum palmatum yields another of the celebrated bikh poisons.
- palmatum, generally known as polymorphum, with variously laciniated and more or less coloured foliage, have been introduced from Japan as ornamental shrubs.
- Of the Ophioglossaceae there are no satisfactory examples; one of the few fossils compared with a recent species, Ophioglossum palmatum, was described several years ago from Triassic rocks under the name Cheiropteris, but the resemblance is one of external form only, and practically valueless as a taxonomic criterion.
- Other stimulant laxatives include buckthorn, alder buckthorn (Rhamnus frangula ), and rhubarb (Rheum officinale, R. palmatum ).
- rheum palmatum promotes the action of the liver and flow of bile without astringent effects on the business.Advertisement
- Rheum palmatum and Polygonum cuspidatum are Chinese herbs which have recently gained some attention in the mainstream medical world.
- A. palmatum atro-sanguineum, with very rich crimson foliage, and pinnatifidum, in which the leaves are much divided, are the finest of the Japanese kinds.
- R. palmatum is a slow-growing plant, and smaller than its variety, R. p. tanguticum, which increases rapidly, has fine foliage, and will be welcome to those who grow the other hardy species.