Pallidus sentence example
- Infection also involves motor cortex, hypothalamus, and globus pallidus, brainstem nuclei, reticular formation, cerebellar roof nuclei, and vermis.
- These electrical pulses are delivered through the extension and through the lead to the globus pallidus or subthalamic nucleus in the brain.
- pallidus), of the Suakin and Dongola deserts, may be regarded as the African representative of the group. Possibly the kit-fox (V.
- pallidus, pallor, pallere; and in that of a baker's shovel, or "peel" as it is sometimes called, from Lat.
- Pallidus is a pale porcelain blue, a short-leaved variety.Advertisement
- C. pallidus is a handsome variety, with pale blue flowers.
- The subthalamic nucleus sends signals to the globus pallidus, which in turn blocks the thalamic nuclei.
- The substantia nigra, then, begins movement and the globus pallidus blocks it.
- Pallidotomy is a surgical procedure used to destroy part of the globus pallidus, which is thought to become overactive with certain disorders, such as Parkinson's disease.