Pallavicini sentence example
- Some of the nominations were excellent, such as Lorenzo Campeggio, Giambattista Pallavicini, Adrian of Utrecht, Cajetan, Cristoforo Numai and Egidio Canisio.
- The mission of Gaetano Castiglia and Marquis Giorgio Pallavicini to Turin, where they had interviewed Charles Albert, although without any definite resultfor Confalonieri had warned the prince that Lombardy was not ready to risewas accidentally discovered, and Confalonieri was himself arrested.
- The decline of Mazzinis influence was accompanied by the rise of a new movement in favor of Italian unity under Victor Emmanuel, inspired by the Milanese marquis Giorgio New Pallavicini, who had spent 14 years in the Spielberg, Unio~lsi and by Manin, living in exile in Paris, both of them moveex-republicans who had become monarchists.
- From 1657 to 1669 he was professor of theology at the College of the Propaganda, enjoyed the friendship of the historian, Pallavicini, and acted as representative of Irish ecclesiastical affairs at Rome.
- Salmond in Ante-Nicene Fathers, vi.; Lives, by Pallavicini (Rome, 1644); J.Advertisement
- Here Garibaldi was wounded and taken prisoner by the Italian troops under Pallavicini in 1862.
- of Trapani, is now reckoned as a part of the group. They belonged to the Pallavicini family of Genoa until 1874, when they were bought by Signor Florio of Palermo.
- - Pallavicini, Concilio di Trento (1656); Duruy, Cardinal Carafa (1888); Susta, Curie and Concil.
- The Durazzo Pallavicini palace has a noble facade and staircase and a rich picture-gallery.
- This memorable book, together with the rival and apologetic history by' Cardinal Pallavicini, is minutely criticized by Ranke (History of the Popes, appendix No.Advertisement
- There he became a convert from republicanism to monarchism, being convinced that only under the auspices of King Victor Emmanuel could Italy be freed, and together with Giorgio Pallavicini and Giuseppe La Farina he founded the Societd Nazionale Italiana with the object of propagating the idea of unity under the Piedmontese monarchy.