Pallava sentence example
- In 642, however, his capital was taken and he himself killed by the Pallava king Narasimhavarman.
- It appears that in the 4th century three Pallava chiefs were established at Kanchi, Vengi and Palakkada, the latter two being subordinate to the first, and that Pallava rule extended from the Godavari on the north to the Southern Vellaru river on the south, and stretched across Mysore from sea to sea.
- Hsiian Tsang visited Kanchi, the Pallava capital, in the year A.D.
- Towards the end of the 10th century the Pallava power, which had lasted for ten centuries, was destroyed by the Chola monarch, Rajaraja the Great.
- Pallava nobles existed to the end of the 17th century, and the raja of Pudukottai claims descent from the ancient royal family.Advertisement
- Older than this temple are the Vaikuntha Perumal temple of Vishnu and the Siva temple of Kailasanath, which date from the time of the Pallava kings.
- Conjeeveram, a British corruption of Kanchipuram (the golden city), is very ancient, having been in the early centuries of the Christian era the capital of the Pallava dynasty.