Paleario sentence example
- AONIO PALEARIO (c. 1500-1570), Italian humanist and reformer, was born about 1500 at Veroli, in the Roman Campagna.
- When Charles of Bourbon stormed Rome in 1527 Paleario went first to Perugia and then to Siena, where he settled as a teacher.
- Young, Life of Paleario).
- Aonio Paleario >>
- In 1855 he published an edition of Benefizio della Morte di Cristo, a remarkable book of the Reformation period, attributed to Paleario, of which nearly all the copies had been destroyed by the Inquisition.Advertisement
- Young, Life and Times of Aonio Paleario (1860); C. Benrath, in Hauck's Realencyklopeidie (1903).
- A work, entitled Benefizio di Cristo (" The Benefit of Christ's Death"), has been attributed to Paleario on insufficient grounds.