Palatium sentence example
- According to the story, Evander left the Arcadian town of Pallantion about sixty years before the Trojan War and founded Pallanteum or Palatium on the hill afterwards called the Palatine.
- "Spalato," or "Spalatro" (a very old spelling), was long regarded as a corruption of Salonae Palatium; but its true origin is doubtful.
- In the 7th century the Merovingian kings adopted the custom of summoning them all, and not merely the officials of their Palatium, to discuss political affairs; they began, moreover, to choose their counts or administrators from among the great landholders.
- As under the Empire, the Palatium was both royal court and centre of government, with the same bureaucratic hierarchy and the same forms of administration; and the mayor of the palace was premier official of this itinerant court and ambulatory government.
- cora (corona), lua (lu n a), pOr formerly peer (pon eve), comic go (canonicus), vir (venire), dOr, formerly door (dolorein), paco (palatium), saude (salutem), pego(pelagus).Advertisement