Palaestina sentence example
- In German universities the townsfolk of Jaffa (Joppa) to the Egyptian desert south of Gaza (on the subsequent extension of the name in its Greek form Palaestina, see Palestine).
- CAESAREA PALAESTINA, a town built by Herod about 25-13 B.C., on the sea-coast of Palestine, 30 m.
- His most important works were Palaestina ex veteribus monumentis illustrata (Utrecht, 1 714), and Antiquitates sacrae veterum Hebraeorum.
- Reland, Palaestina monumentis veteribus illustrata (1714); H.
- 1804) from materials taken from Caesarea Palaestina: his tomb is within.Advertisement