Palaeostachya sentence example
- - Palaeostachya pedunculata.
- Palaeostachya, Weiss.
- A, Palaeostachya.
- In most other respects the two genera agree; there is evidence for the occurrence of heterospory in some strobili referred to Palaeostachya.
- According to Grand' Eury, the Palaeostachya fructification was most commonly associated with Asterophyllites foliage.Advertisement
- The external aspect of a Palaeostachya is shown in fig.
- Weiss first showed, immediately below the verticils of bracts, the position thus being the reverse of that in Palaeostachya.
- The main difference is that in Palaeostachya the sporangiophores, instead of standing midway between the whorls of bracts, are inserted immediately above them, springing, as it were, from the axil of the sterile verticil (fig.