Pakong sentence example
- (For map, see Indo-China.) The country may be best considered geographically in four parts: the northern, including the drainage area of the four rivers which unite near Pak-Nam Po to form the Menam Chao Phaya; the eastern, including the drainage area of the Nam Mun river and its tributaries; the central, including the drainage area of the Meklong, the Menam Chao Phaya and the Bang Pakong rivers; and the southern, including that part of the country which is situated in the Malay Peninsula.
- The Bang Pakong river rises among the Wattana hills on the eastern border, between the Battambong province of Cambodia and Siam.
- The Bang Pakong is navigable for steamers of small draught for about 30 m.
- for 154 m., when it empties itself into the inner gulf about midway between the Meklong and Bang Pakong mouths.
- To the east, in the Bang Pakong river-basin and down the eastern shore of the gulf, are Pachim, a divisional headquarters; Petriou; Bang Plasoi, a fishing centre, with Rayong, Chantabun (q.v.) and Krat, producing gems and pepper.Advertisement