Pakokku sentence example
- PAKOKKU, a district in the Minbu division of Upper Burma, lying west of the Irrawaddy river and south of Mandalay, with the line of the Chin hills as a general boundary on the west.
- The headquarters town, Pakokku, stands on the right bank of the Irrawaddy, and has grown into importance since the British occupation.
- It stretches along both sides of the Irrawaddy from the north of Mandalay to Thayetmyo, and embraces the Lower Chindwin, Shwebo, Sagaing, Mandalay, Kyaukse, Meiktila, Yamethin, Myingyan, Magwe, Pakokku and Minbu districts.
- from its junction with the Irrawaddy at Pakokku.
- The principal seats of the petroleum industry are Yenangyaung in the Magwe, and Yenangyat in the Pakokku districts.Advertisement
- The division includes the districts of Thayetmyo, Pakokku, Minbu and Magwe.