Pajol sentence example
- The left wing was directed to push up the Gosselies-Quatre Bras road, and Pajol's cavalry followed the Prussians who retired along the Gilly-Fleurus road.
- It was covered by Pajol's and Exelmans' cavalry corps.
- By the emperor's arrangements Vandamme, Gerard, Pajol and Exelmans would be available after 2 P.M.
- The emperor decided to bear down Blucher's centre and right with the corps of Vandamme and Gerard and with Girard's division which he had drawn into his operations, containing the Prussian left meanwhile with the squadrons of Pajol and Exelmans, assisted by a few infantry.
- After serving with Hoche and Massena in Germany and Switzerland (1797-99), Pajol took a cavalry command under Moreau for the campaign on the upper Rhine.Advertisement
- In the short years of peace Pajol, now colonel, was successively envoy to the Batavian Republic, and delegate at Napoleon's coronation.
- On the fall of Napoleon, Pajol gave in his adhesion to the Restoration government, but he rejoined his old master immediately upon his return to France.
- His Soil, Count Charles Paul Victor Pajol (1821-1891), entered the army and had reached the rank of general of division when he was involved in the catastrophe of Metz (1870).
- Pajol: Pajol general en chef (Paris, 1874); Thomas, Les Grands cavaliers du premier empire (Paris, 1892); and Choppin, in the Journal des sciences militaires (1890).
- On receiving the news of Waterloo, Pajol disengaged his command, and by a skilful retreat brought it safe and unbeaten to Paris.Advertisement