Pago sentence example
- side the harbour of Pago Pago or Pango Pango, the finest in the group.
- In 1877 the American consul hoisted his country's flag, but the action was repudiated by his government, which, however, in 1878 obtained Pago Pago as a coaling station and made a trading treaty with the natives.
- The Uskoks retaliated by ravaging the Venetian islands of Veglia, Arbe and Pago, and by using the Venetian territories in Dalmatia as an avenue of attack upon the Turks.
- A narrow strait, the Canale della Morlacca (or della Montagna), separates it from Veglia, Arbe, Pago and other Istrian or Dalmatian islands.
- On the other hand a string of islands extends along this coast, which offer many safe and easily accessible places of anchorage to ships during the fierce winter gales which rage in the Adriatic. The principal are Pago, Pasman, Isola Lunga and Isola Incoronata, Brazza, Lesina, Curzola and Meleda.Advertisement
- The 30-day fall voyage starts in the "City by the Bay" and travels to Sydney, Australia, with stops in Honolulu and Maui before heading across the Pacific to Bora Bora, Pago Pago, Fiji, Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch.