Paeonia sentence example
- of Macedon had begun his career of conquest, and had shattered an embryonic alliance between the league and certain princes of Thrace (Cetriporis), Paeonia (Lyppeius) and Illyria (Grabus).
- Paeonia >>
- Agriculture is spreading but slowly among them; they still prefer to plunder the stores of bulbs of Lilium Martagon, Paeonia, and Erythronium Dens canis laid up by the steppe mouse (Mus socialis).
- - Flower of Paeonia peregrina,in longitudinal section.
- - Flower of Tree waxy lining of the hollow receptacle, Paeony (Paeonia Moutan), as in the rose; or a swelling at the deprived of its corolla, and top of the ovary, as in Umbelliferae, showing the disk in the form in which the disk is said to be of a fleshy expansion (d) ep i gynous.Advertisement
- The parts composing the disk sometimes unite and form a glandular ring, as in the orange; or they form a dark-red lamina covering the pistil, as in Paeonia Moutan (fig.
- Peony, also called Paeony (Paeonia) - Among the most showy of hardy perennial plants, with much beauty of color and often fragrance.
- Tree Peony (Paeonia Moutan) - A noble plant of great beauty for its varieties, which are very numerous.