Pacorus sentence example
- 18), but could not maintain himself against Pacorus II.
- 6.23), where King Pacorus (78-110) is said to have increased its inhabitants and built its walls.
- But, apart from the ravaging of Syria (51 B.C.) by Pacorus the son of Orodes, the threatened attack on the Roman Empire was carried into effect neither then nor during the civil wars of Caesar and Pompey.
- The Parthians formed a league with Brutus and Cassius, as previously with Pompey, but gave them no support, until in 40 B.C. a Parthian army, led by Pacorus and the republican general Labienus, harried Syria and Asia Minor.
- Pacorus himsell fell on the 9th of June 38 B.C. at Gindarus in northern Syria.Advertisement
- is distinguished by the excellent relations which subsisted all his life between himself and his brothers Pacorus and Tiridates, the kings of Media and Armenia.
- 7779, and 111147; Pacorus 78c. 105; Osroes 106129; Mithradates V
- 106-129, as successor of his brother Pacorus.
- Osroes occupied Armenia, and placed Exedares, a son of Pacorus, and afterwards his brother Parthamasiris on the throne.
- The kings soon became dependants of the Parthians; their names are mostly Arabic (Bekr, Abgar, Ma`nu), but among them occur some Iranian (Parthian) names, as Pacorus and Phratamaspates.Advertisement
- 8 seq.), till at last it surrendered to Vardanes, who in consequence enlarged Ctesiphon, which was afterwards fortified by Pacorus (A.D.