Pacatus sentence example
- Latinus Pacatus Drepanius >>
- Twelve speeches of the kind (Pliny's included), eight of them by famous Gallic rhetoricians (Claudius Mamertinus, Eumenius, Nazarius, Drepanius Pacatus) and three of anonymous authorship, have been collected under the title of Panegyrici veteres latini (ed.
- LATINUS PACATUS DREPANIUS (or Latinius), one of the Latin panegyrists, flourished at the end of the 4th century A.D.
- He was the contemporary and intimate friend of Ausonius, who dedicated two of his minor works to Pacatus, and describes him as the greatest Latin poet after Virgil.
- Much information may also be gleaned from the writings of St Ambrose, St Gregory of Nazianzus, Isidore of Seville, and the orators Pacatus, Libanius, Themistius.Advertisement
- Pacatus attained the rank of proconsul of Africa (A.D.