Ozobranchus sentence example
- Coelom generally reduced to a system of tubes, sometimes communicating with vascular system; in Acanthobdella and Ozobranchus a series of metamerically arranged chambers as in Oligochaeta.
- Ozobranchus possesses a coelom which is less typically chaetopodous than that of Acanthobdella, but more so than in other leeches.
- Four (Ozobranchus) to six (Glossiphonia) or ten (Philaemon) are common numbers.
- In Ozobranchus the structures in question are still more complicated.
- It is at least clear that in Ozobranchus this comparison is justifiable; but only probable, or perhaps possible, in the case of Philaemon.Advertisement